This K-11 arrived with a shattered stock. It appears there was a twig pin burl halfway through the wrist, and eventually, it let go, in a splintered mess.
My friend's cabinetmaker friend told him it was unrepairable, so he slapped on some epoxy, aluminum bar, and bandage.
Well, with all due respect to his friend, he's a cabinetmaker, not a graduate of WECSOG!
I had not repaired something like this before.
First, I just cut out all the bad wood.┬á No reason to attempt to glue shreds together.
Then I made a template from a good stock, and had to cut a shim to fit in three dimensions. I could have chopped more wood out, but I wanted to replace as little as possible. The stock is numbered to the gun, so a repair is better than a replacement, from a collectible point of view.
Once the shim was shaped, I drilled through both ways to insert a 1" dowel for reinforcement inside the wrist.
Then dremeled and chiseled new inlets for the tangs, drilled the tang screw hole, sanded and assembled. Vaseline and Break Free are close enough in color to match cosmoline.
It's ugly, but should be functional, it's less ugly than it was, and it saves as much original wood as possible.